The 50-acre Boultham Park is to undergo a multi-million pound restoration, grant-aided by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund Parks for People initiative in a joint venture by Linkage and City of Lincoln Council.
The works to restore the key features of the 50-acre grade II listed historic park include:
- A café for park visitors with extra toilet facilities.
- CCTV and lighting near the bowls club and playground.
- Improved and new park furniture, bins and signage.
- Restoration of the fountain, bandstand, sundial and the park’s bridges.
- A clear and visible outline of the old hall’s footprint.
- Improvements to a number of paths within the park.
- Improvement to some of the park boundaries.
- Soft landscaping work.
- Tree works including selective removals where appropriate.
- An education centre and glasshouse for Linkage students.
Boultham Park is a special place to many residents, and this project aims to revitalise the park, restoring features and developing new facilities, encouraging community involvement and ownership, as well as creating lasting memories for local people and park users.
With the building works now complete, we’ll be focusing on a year of community engagement, events and activities, and will be updating the website regularly with all the latest news and dates for your diary.