Hi, I’m Al, the council’s Volunteer Coordinator.
I work with volunteers in Lincoln’s public parks and open spaces, and that includes Boultham Park.
We have some great volunteering opportunities in Boultham Park, so whether you are an individual or a group, please get in touch with me so we can discuss what sort of volunteering would suit you.
Volunteering can be a one-off or a regular thing. Some people have time every week whereas for other people it might be a couple of hours every couple of months.
Volunteering can be ‘hands on’ manual work, skilled or unskilled, it can be office-based or a bit of both.
You might have skills or qualifications that you would be willing to share with other volunteers.
When volunteering works well (and we have lots of examples of that happening) both the volunteer and the recipient park and community enjoy the benefits. Depending on your circumstances, volunteering can:
- help build skills and knowledge
- build confidence if you’ve been out of work for a while, or are new to this area of work
- give opportunities to get outdoors and enjoy some exercise
- mean you get to meet new people and make new friends
- help build your CV
- help you to decide what sort of things you enjoy doing
- help you in to paid employment
- help improve your local park or open space, for you and other local people to enjoy
- help improve biodiversity
- provide more management and maintenance to sites with limited budgets
- encourage other people to visit and enjoy the improved landscape
The recent Boultham Park Restoration Project has benefited from many hours of volunteer work, and we are grateful to each and every one of our volunteers, past and present, for all that they have done for the park.
Your can still volunteer in Boultham Park!
If you’d like to volunteer, please get in touch and I’ll let you know what opportunities we have available.